迷你英语课- 如何使用关系从句 How to use relative clauses

发布时间:2024-11-20 19:33  浏览量:16

Mini English Lessons Ah relative clauses.

迷你英语课程啊,关系从句。

We all know them, we all hate them.

我们都认识他们,我们都讨厌他们。

Especially as they're divided into defining and non-defining.

尤其是因为它们被分为定义性和非定义性。

But today, I'm gonna show you easy ways to tell them apart.

但今天,我将向您展示区分它们的简单方法。

So let's start with what a relative clause is, A relative clause is a secondary sentence linked to a main sentence.

所以让我们从什么是关系从句开始,关系从句是链接到主句的次要句子。

That means that we cannot find it alone without a main sentence.

这意味着我们不能在没有主句的情况下单独找到它。

We use it to give extra information about who or what we're talking about in the main sentence.

我们用它来提供有关我们在主句中谈论的人或内容的额外信息。

Now what is a defining relative clause?

那么,什么是限定关系从句?

So, basically, it's a relative clause that is absolutely necessary for the main sentence to make sense.

所以,从根本上来说,它是一个对于主句的意义绝对必要的关系从句。

Let me give you an example.

让我给你举个例子。

These are the people who bought the house.

这就是买房子的人。

Now if I remove 'who bought the house', I'm left with 'these are the people'.

现在,如果我去掉 'who bought the house',只剩下 'THESE ARE THE PEOPLE'。

People who?

人們谁?

We have seven billion people in the world!

世界上有70亿人口!

So 'who bought the house' is a defining relative clause.

所以"谁买的房子"是一个定义性的相对条款。

Another example - This is the man who she met at the party.

另一个例子——这是她在聚会上遇到的男人。

If I take away 'who she met at the party', I'm left with 'this is the man'.

如果我去掉‘她在聚会上遇到了谁’,剩下的就是‘就是这个男人’。

Well, man who?

嗯,那人是谁?

We have men everywhere.

我们到处都有男人。

'Who she met at the party' is absolutely necessary and is a defining relative clause.

“她在聚会上遇到了谁”是绝对必要的,并且是一个限定性关系从句。

Now let's go to the non-defining relative clauses.

现在我们来讨论非限定关系从句。

These are not so necessary.

这些都不太必要。

Very interesting, but kind of like [WHISPERS] gossip.

非常有趣,但有点像[低语]八卦。

We don't absolutely need them for the main sentence to make sense.

我们并不需要它们来使主句有意义。

I'm gonna give you an example.

我给你举个例子。

The celebrity, who has ten children, came to my house.

这位有十个孩子的名人来到我家。

'Who has ten children', if we take it away, does the rest of the sentence make sense?

如果我们把‘谁有十个孩子’这句话去掉,那么这个句子的其余部分还有意义吗?

Yes.

是的。

The celebrity came to my house.

名人来我家了。

Therefore, 'who has ten children', nice piece of information, but a non-defining relative clause.

因此,“谁有十个孩子”,是很好的信息,但却是一个非限定性关系从句。

And finally, our last example, His brother, who works at the supermarket, is a friend of mine.

最后,我们的最后一个例子是,他的兄弟在超市工作,是我的朋友。

So when I take away, 'who works at the supermarket', does the rest of the sentence make sense?

因此,当我去掉“谁在超市工作”时,句子的其余部分还有意义吗?

Of course, it does.

当然有。

'His brother is a friend of mine' is a complete sentence.

"他的兄弟是我的朋友"是一个完整的句子。

'Who works at the supermarket' is a non-defining relative clause.

“谁在超市工作”是一个非限定性关系从句。

So there you have it.

就是这样了。

Easy ways to distinguish between defining and non-defining relative clauses, so we don't need to be afraid of them anymore.

区分定义和非定义关系子句的简单方法,因此我们不再需要害怕它们。

外部推荐